The world-renowned tequila company Patrón is launching a debut NFT collection with the help of Blockbar, the first NFT marketplace dedicated exclusively to wine and spirits.
On Tuesday, January 25th, Patrón will be offering 150 non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on sale on a first-come, first-served basis. Purchasing the NFT unlocks a bottle of Patrón’s unique Chairman’s Reserve, a limited-edition tequila made from 100% Extra Añejo.
This is what else we know about the rare NFT drop from Patrón:
- There are 150 bottles, and each one is individually numbered.
- The tequila is aged in a combination of Sauternes, New American Oak and French Limousin barrels.
- The unique tequila blend has never been released to the public.
- The bottle is handmade by the Patrón family and contains artwork inspired by the birthplace of the brand, Atotonilco el Alto, in the state of Jalisco, Mexico.
- Buyers of the NFT will receive ownership rights to the physical bottle and the NFT that represents the bottle will be stored securely by Blockbar.
Kathy Parker, the President and Global Chief Marketing Officer for Patrón, expressed her excitement for the upcoming project. She said:
“We’re thrilled to be working with BlockBar as the first tequila brand on the platform and for Patrón Tequila’s first-ever foray into the NFT market with the launch of Patrón Chairman’s Reserve. As one of the few brands that still makes tequila by hand, it’s exciting to be able to bring our passion and dedication to perfection and craftsmanship into the digital realm to a new audience of NFT collectors.”
The NFT will be on sale on Tuesday, January 25 at 10 am ET only on Blockbar.com. The price per NFT is 1.5 ETH (currently around $5,000) and can be bought with ETH or a credit card.
Patrón is not the first spirits brand to enter the NFT space recently. To kick off 2021, Hennessy announced an NFT project with Blockbar to release a rare cognac.
Since NFTs give brands the ability to verify the authenticity of rare objects, including exclusive or vintage wine and spirits, we should expect more big players from this sector to enter the NFT space in the months and years to come.