At the end of this month, the popular decentralized metaverse Decentraland is hosting its second annual Metaverse Fashion Week (MVFW).
From March 28th to 31st, a slew of global brands are set to showcases their digital wearables and NFT clothing in Decentraland’s “Luxury District.” Returning brands include Tommy Hilfiger and Dolce & Gabbana. Adidas, Coach, and DKNY will be joining the show for the first time to debut their newest digital products.
This year’s Fashion Week will focus on open metaverses and Web3 interoperability. It is being sponsored by UNXD — a digital fashion company, Spatial — a metaverse platform, and OVER — an augmented reality company. They have chosen the phrase “Future Heritage” as the show’s theme, and one goal is to explore ways of helping traditional fashion brands enter Web3.
Dr. Giovanna Graziosi Casimiro, head of Metaverse Fashion Week, said they were “excited to see some of the world’s greatest fashion minds engaging in the future of fashion.” During the four day event, brands will host digital experiences on and off the runway.
Here are some more details about what to expect at MVFW:
- Tommy Hilfiger is releasing new digital wearables and artificial intelligence-powered products.
- Dolce & Gabbana is hosting an exhibition from its Future Reward digital design competition.
- DKNY will be opening restaurant DKNY.3 and a pop-up art gallery.
- Adidas is featuring its digital wearables series for holders of its “Into the Metaverse” NFT collection.
The first Metaverse Fashion Week was held in March 2022, and was an overall success for the Web3 fashion space. The event saw participation from brands such as Forever 21 and Estée Lauder, as well as many Web3-native brands.
Because Fashion Week brings together some of the world’s biggest brands experimenting with digital wearables, the MVFW from Decentraland is quickly becoming a must-see for virtual fashion aficionados.
Digital Fashion in the Metaverse is Heating Up
Decentraland was early to the party when it comes to metaverse fashion. But it certainly isn’t the only player in the game. At Rarity Sniper, we’ve written dozens of articles about fashion houses expanding into Web3.
Here are some of the top articles about metaverse fashion:
- Dior Premieres 2022 Men’s Fashion on Baidu Metaverse
- Bloomingdale’s to Open Metaverse Store for NY Fashion Week
- Fashion House Balmain Launches NFT Membership Program
- Alibaba to Showcase Web3 Tech with AR Fashion Show
- CFDA Celebrates 60th Anniversary with Metaverse Fashion Event
- Snapchat & H&M Team Up for Metaverse Fashion Filter
As the metaverse becomes more mainstream, digital fashion has become critical for users who want to dress up their avatars and show off their digital wearables in virtual worlds. As a result, fashion companies are pouring into Web3 at an unprecedented pace.
Decentraland’s second annual MFVW shows the popular metaverse recognizes the importance of this trend and plans to capitalize on it. At Rarity Sniper, we’ll be following up on any new announcements from Decentraland related to their upcoming Fashion Week.