Global fashion brand HUGO BOSS just announced its partnership with Web3 company and NFT builders Imaginary Ones for a new non-fungible token collection and future metaverse experience.
The duo says its exclusive HUGO x Imaginary Ones NFT collection of 1,001 3D animations called “Embrace Your Emotions” (EYE) will be launched at the start of November. The theme behind the NFT collection is rooted in mental health and encourages people to connect with their emotions to improve their overall health and well-being.
Here’s what we know about the EYE NFT collection:
- Five characters will represent one of our everyday emotions — sadness, fear, anger, love, and joy.
- Six of the 1,001 NFT will contain special attributes.
- There are 1,000 allowlist spots to purchase the NFTs.
- 500 allowlist spots are allocated to clients who buy an exclusive phygital T-shirt. These shirts contain a QR code that directs users to a Snapchat Lens to create an augmented reality effect.
- The remaining 500 spots will be distributed between existing holders of Imaginary Ones’ genesis NFT collection and through activities held on the company’s Twitter and Discord channels beginning October 4th.
- Holders of HUGO x Imaginary Ones NFTs will also receive a “golden ticket” for a 10 percent discount in the HUGO online store, and access to Imaginary Ones’ staking ecosystem for the chance to earn HUGO merchandise, content, experiences, digital wearables, and future drops.
The collection will also benefit a charitable cause when a sixth character that brings together all five emotions will be auctioned and proceeds given to the Youth Aware of Mental Health (YAM) program — an evidenced-based mental health program for youth.
The senior VP of Global Marketing at HUGO BOSS, Miah Sullivan, said the brand was excited about the metaverse and the chance to partner with Imaginary Ones to drop an NFT collection of “beautiful 3D assets” that will enable us to explore virtual worlds.
Clement Chia, the co-founder of Imaginary Ones — an NFT collection that sold out in six minutes and to date has done over $20,000,000 USD in sales volume on OpenSea — commented that the company was honored to be “the first Asia-born NFT project to collaborate with an international fashion brand.”
NFTs and Web3 Tech Is Hot in Fashion
HUGO’s partnership with Imaginary Ones for its new NFT collection is a big deal for the German-based fashion brand. But it’s certainly not the only fashion brand investing in Web3 this year. At Rarity Sniper, we’ve covered several fashion brands dropping NFT collections and/or investing in the metaverse in recent months. Here are some of our top stories.
In June, the Italian luxury clothing brand Prada launched an NFT collection of 100 Ethereum-based NFTs linked to its upcoming Timecapsule release. Each NFT corresponds to one article of clothing and features artwork from Cassius Hirst. Buyers receive both the physical clothing and the digital assets.
Also in June, the French clothing brand Lacoste dropped an NFT collection inspired by its famous crocodile logo. Titled “UNDW3,” the collection consists of 11,212 Ethereum-based digital assets that grant holders access to Lacoste’s new Web3 community. The collection quickly sold out and is now available only on secondary NFT marketplaces.
Lastly, about three months ago, Tommy Hilfiger hooked up with Roblox to stream its IRL New York Fashion Week event in the popular gaming metaverse. During the event, Hilfiger showcased its “See Now, Buy Now” NFT collection of virtual clothes and merchandise.
Because NFT and blockchain technology enable fashion brands to sell virtual clothing and apparel in the metaverse, Web3 is transforming how brands connect with customers and present their latest styles and products. We’ll have to wait until November to see how HUGO and Imaginary Ones’ NFT collection does in the market, but considering the reputation of both companies, we imagine it will do just fine.